Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Seva Magazine

NEWS

EndSARS: Celebrities attending Sanwo-Olu event should pick a side, says Mr Macaroni

Mr Macaroni rebuked celebrities for refusing to speak up against the government’s move to quell planned EndSARS memorial events.

igerian actor Debo Adebayo popularly known as Mr Macaroni has taken a swipe at fellow celebrities frolicking with the Lagos State Government, charging them to rethink their association with the government.

In a social media post on Friday, the Instagram skit maker who berated the Lagos authorities for frustrating the organisation of planned EndSARS memorial events asked celebrities parleying with the state government to pick the side they want to identify with- government or the people.

Mr Macaroni rebuked celebrities for refusing to speak up against the government’s move to quell planned EndSARS memorial events.

“For the celebrities, make we dey reason this thing ooo.

Government no good but Una Dey chop Government money.

I no say make anybody no chop ooo.

But there are some things bigger than money!! If na Government wey dey treat the people better now, e for even better.

People are suffering and these people are doing nothing about it!!” Mr Macaroni wrote in Pidgin.

The self acclaimed “father figure” accused the Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu led government of always using the police to quell planned gatherings of peaceful young EndSARS campaigners.

“Anytime wey people say dem wan do anything wey relate with Endsars for this Lagos; na so so Police Vans, Trucks, even Armor Tanks wey dem go pack full the place,” Mr Macaroni added.

His comments come as media reports detailed that Landmark Event Centre withdrew the lease of its premises for “SoroSoke” summit, an event put together to mark the one year anniversary of the Lekki tollgate shootings.

Mr Macaroni was listed amongst the prominent persons scheduled to speak at the summit.

Organisers have now threatened to hold the memorial at the Lekki Toll Plaza, the particular place where soldiers open fire on protesting youths last year..

SOURCE; https://gazettengr.com/endsars-celebrities-attending-sanwo-olu-event-should-pick-a-side-says-mr-macaroni/

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

BUSINESS & ECONOMY

An exclusive sit-down with Seyi Adekunle of Vodi Group.

ENTERTAINMENT

The ‘Open Mic’ event by Tiki Cultures, which is an initiative of Adenike Isi Adeeko a.k.a Dadashnami, has been running for over two years...

TECHNOLOGY

The world’s most popular global audio streaming subscription service is now available in Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda as of 23 February. It...

Copyright © 2020 SEVA Magazine. Designed and Developed by Donkey Technologies.